What is a POS System?
A POS or point-of-sale system consists of hardware combined with software that helps manage your business helping you streamline your daily operations. Businesses use these POS systems for inventory management, employee management, customer loyalty, payroll, vendor management and much more. There are many appealing benefits to POS systems, but one of the most attractive features is the cloud based reporting. Businesses are always looking to cut costs, by employing a strong reporting software it makes your business extra efficient. POS systems normally have touchscreen monitors or tablets, cash drawers, thermal printers and integrated card readers. If you are
Key Features of POS Systems
Below are some key features why you might want a POS System. These features are not just why you might want a POS system, but more importantly why you need a POS system.
• Inventory Tracking: Import your existing inventory database
in a snap. Once your inventory has been uploaded, the system
will track your sales to monitor your stock levels and even
create purchase orders automatically when stock runs low.
• Employee Management: Track your employees with a built-in
time clock and view a detailed breakdown of hours worked for
each employee or each day as well as their productivity. Security
levels allow you to control the functions that particular employees
are authorized to use.
• Vendor Management: Organize all your suppliers and other
vendors in a single database to manage all of your important
• Menu Customization: Add, edit or remove menu items in
real-time with a simple and intuitive interface. Organize
your menu items, categories, choice sets and modifiers to
suit your restaurant.
• Efficient Ordering: Easily manage the most complicated
orders, whether you need to transfer tickets to other users,
change tables, split checks, add discounts, update gratuity
and taxes, or handle various other tasks.
• Flexible Discounting: Easily set up and customize coupons,
specials or other discounts. Discounts can be manually
entered or can be automatically calculated based on day,
time or items ordered.
• Color/Size/Style Matrix: Ideal for clothing and footwear
stores, easily set up an attribute matrix that includes different
colors, sizes and styles, streamlining the item selection and
• Employee Commissions: Pay your employees commissions
for selling particular products. Commissions can be awarded
as a percentage of the sale price, percentage of the profit or a
• Gift Receipts: Gift receipts don’t include prices so that customers
can purchase gifts while enabling easy returns and exchanges.
• Consignment: Resell items on consignment while tracking
how much money should be paid to the consignor.
• Flexible Pricing: Dynamically customize your product pricing within
seconds to accommodate coupons, sales, and other discounts.
• Gift Registry: Customers can make a list of items they would like to
receive as gifts for a special occasion such as a wedding, graduation
or new baby and item quantities are automatically updated as
purchases are made.
• Customer Database: Keep a comprehensive record of customers’
purchasing history and contact information to identify sales trends
and best customers, ideal for loyalty and other incentive programs.
• Layaway: Layaway allows customers to reserve a particular item to
purchase at a later date. The customer can then make payments
toward the item until it has been paid in full. Stock levels are reduced
when an item is on layaway and automatically replenished if the
layaway is cancelled.
• Purchase Order Creation: You can create purchase orders directly
through your POS system for easy inventory management and item
Industry Specific Features
Click on your industry type to show additional features like Driving Management and Online Reservations.
- Restaurants, Bars & Pubs
- Quick Service & Delivery
- Salons, Spas & Nails
- Liquor, Beer & Wine
- Retail Shops
POS Systems will definitely help your business operate more efficiently increasing your profit margin by managing your inventory and decreasing waste or spoilage. The perfect POS systems for your business are the Harbortouch Onyx and Echo and they are both Free. Each POS has top-of-the-line hardware and state-of-the-art software, makes Harbortouch the leader in the POS industry. Click below to learn more about how to get your Free Harbortouch POS System and help streamline your business today!
Help streamline your business even more
by adding the Free SkyTab Pay-at-the-Table.